Hot Kustoms Unboxing: Hot Wheels Cargo Carriers with Nissan C10 Skyline ...

And so without waiting for another few more months or never for the Car Culture Cargo Carriers to hit my local stores. I got myself a case and did a quick unboxing video. First of all while the cards are nice in presentation it is cumbersome and a waste of storage area. 

The outer case has becomes bigger which adds more to shipping and most of the cards are warped due to the way its been packed. I hope Mattel will go back to its original card size and save a dollar or 2 on our pockets although I do not really know the retail prices in Singapore as we do not even have the JH2.

Now lets get to the cars. If you are a loose and carded collector like me you will be disappointed to learn that there is only one VW Sunagon in the case. Hence you will be left an incomplete carded set if you crack open the Sunagon casting. I guess Mattel foresee this will be a pegwarmer hence they come out with one for a case which makes it 3 Ford Super Van. Why not the Skyline? :)

The Sunagon is not a new casting but I like the decor especially the wood panelling. It is also nice to see the 4 spokes wheelset which we commonly seen on a JDM to be on a VW. Actually the Gulf Ford super Van is my favourite maybe because of the Gulf theme. This is the first Gulf Van for the Gulf series and will look nice with any Gulf collection especially its orange wheelset. This may be even be a potential pegwarmer as well given 3 pieces per case.

Apart from the Skyline, I am also very looking forward to the Mooneyes VW T1 Panel Bus. With its bold distinctive Mooneyes icon against the signature Hot Wheels flames. This is definitely a must have for all collectors. It comes with moon wheels as well. 

The Honda Odyssey and C10 Nissan Skyline are both new castings. I like the Bisimoto Odessey as it is clean and looks premium as well. It also comes with star wheels which is definitely a stunner! The Skyline wagon is actually the one I’m looking forward to. However I’m don’t feel really excited when I saw the casting. I don’t know why maybe its is overhype and oversell for the Skyline wagon that I have position this casting to my top lists and turns out to me not.

I still remember how excited I was opening the JH1 Datsun wagon and the TLV Datsun estate wagon but not this. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for more updates and follow @hotkustoms in Instagram and Twitter.