Hot Kustoms Review: Tomica Limited Vintage TLV '97 Vs '99 Honda Civic T...



I can assume Feb, Mar and May for 2018 are the months I have to survive with cup noodles because it is a heavy month for Tomica Limited Vintage (TLV) releases. Apart from the Nostalgic Datsun series and the blue collar Hino trucks. The long awaited Honda Civic TypeR is on every collector wish list.

I got the Civics in late Feb and I was more than impressed with the finishing and presentation of this castings. So perfect especially the iconic white TypeR which will looks very well with my Tomica Limited FD2 TypeR. However I was also  very impressed with the yellow TypeR released for Mar along with the metallic flake black.



I believe we have all seen the preview photos for this Civics in the past and I’m actually wondering why these color variants have back to back release. In fact the pair released in Feb is the ’97 model and the pair for Mar is the ’99 model.

Hence it is a different model not just a recolor of the same castings. Upon closer inspection, there is actually one obvious difference. That’s the front bumper cover. Otherwise they are basically the same. I must applaud TLV who faithfully replicated cars from a 1:1 to 1:64 in precision to take this opportunity to come out with these variants.

I will not be surprised to see a white ’99 TypeR and a ’97 Yellow in the near future.This means more castings to collect and more money for them. Win. Win. And yes they roll perfectly fine.

Please subscribe to my channel for more updates and follow @hotkustoms in Instagram.
http://hotkustoms.blogspot.sg/