The Red Hot 2017 Tomica Honda Civic Type R Event Model...

The inner voice of me constantly ring. “Grab the Hot Wheels Datsun Bluebird! “ “Get all the Tomica Civic Type R!” whenever I go diecast hunting. Unlike the Hot Wheels Datsun Bluebird 510 which are pegwarmers in those days, the Tomica Honda Civic Type R are the hotcakes many collectors chase for. Back in 2007 the No. 54 mainline FD2 model was instantly gobbled up with none left behind on retail shortly after it release.
I can’t recall how much I paid for the No. 54 3rd Gen FD2 mainline which now command a high price in the secondary market. And even more expensive for the code 3 custom cars which I will write about in my coming posts. Early this year after the release of the sold out mainline Type R FK2 in 2016. Tomica announce it will release a similar FK2 for their upcoming Osaka Tomica Event Model (TEM) in April. 
Hype and speculation stir up the diecast community and everyone including me hope to get at least just one for their collection which run in very limited numbers for the event. “I can forgo all the models. But I must get the Civic Type R!” which I jokingly tell my friends. 
Similar to the outstanding review of the 1:1 limited run 4th Gen Type R. The toy car version is awesome as well. It sport the similar Milano red body colour as the 2009 Tomica Toy’s Dream Project Mugen RR holy grail with the usual TEM logo on the body. Personally I will dismiss the racing graphic on the tampo and keep it clean, but been a sucker for Type R it sure looks great as a set together with my mainline collection.
Meanwhile I’m looking forward to the Hot Wheels Type R release this year. Given the recent JDM Hype I’m positive they will be gobbled up on pegs by both die hard Tomica collectors who say nay “I don’t fancy Hot Wheels” and hybrid collector like me. And yes I want them all.